Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Beginning.




Here's to a new beginning.

Life as we know it is a journey. Full of obstacles, challenges, hardships, happiness, and the list goes on and on. Every single time we take a step forward, we always pray for the best.

And this new beginning, is my one step closer to become a good muslimah. InsyaAllah.

July 10th 2013. First day of Ramadan. It was the day when I said to myself, 

"Okay, Sarah. This is the perfect day. It's now or never."

And I just grab my tudung and wear it, together with my blue baju kurung.

Mum and dad was quite surprised. Mum even asked if I'm wearing tudung because of the event that I'm covering that day which needs me to wear one.

And I said no.

Then she guessed again, if I'm wearing tudung only because it's the fasting month.

Again, I said no. And I smiled at her. I said,

"Because I think it's time, Mi (Mami)."

She had a very beautiful smile plastered on her face when I said it. I blushed furiously, didn't like the attention given and quickly made my way to my dad. He asked,

"Eh dah pakai tudung? ALHAMDULILLLAH!!"

I smiled at him. Was quite surprised actually. Didn't know it's a big deal to them considering they've never pushed or even asked me when am I planning to wear hijab.

Guess they want me to do it on my own, when I'm ready. Alhamdulillah :)

2 comments:

Ezreena Amir Hamzah said...

terkejut gegirl tgk ada new entry!

SarahSevier said...

hahaha drama always la u ni :P